- Our Fall/Winter Charitable Gather will be making pillowcases as part of the American Patchwork & Quilting One Million Pillowcase Challenge. Westminster Fabrics graciously donated bolts of fabric; which our VP, Mary Claire, cut into kits. Please keep your eyes here tomorrow for a blog post about our goals, links to tutorials, prize incentives, etc. Pillowcases are due in February 2012.
- Cara, back from her visit to Salt Lake City, gave us a recap of The Sewing Summit and topped it off with some giveaways. Weren't you all loving her DIY messenger bag?
- We *tried* to play Rob Your Neighbor; but no one wanted to steal from one another...finally, after some gentle pushing and prodding, we had a quick game and it was over before we knew it. Note to self: don't play this game again :-)
- Our members starting paying their 2012 dues. Rene, our new Treasurer, had a line of "customers"; which is exciting to see. YAY!!!
- Finally, we discussed what was on tap for December's meeting which will include an extended edition of Show & Tell where each person is encourage to bring up to 5 items to show-off. Additionally, we discussed the Ticket Raffle and showed off a few of the items that have already been donated. We'll have a blog post up next week giving your more information about how you can participate in this event.
Finally, here a few other things that were mentioned that you might want to know about.
- Nancy P. shared 2 postcards that she got from Houston Market; which she felt captured the Modern Aesthetic. Abbey Lane Quilts and SUCH Designs
- I let you all know that Sharon Bailey, Coordinator for the Quilts of Valor Foundation, will be coming up from Arkansas to do a community outreach program. There is no cost for the workshop, which is December 10th from 1-4pm at the Missouri History Museum. It is open to the public, and she'd love for local quilters to show up to support their foundation's efforts to cover our wounder warriors with quilts. Sharon will be teaching whoever wants to learn, how to make a string block.
See you all next month. Let's keep the conversation going on our STLMQG Flickr boards.