- First up for all you St. Louisians, the Bits 'n' Pieces Quilt Show "Fanfare of Quilts" is Saturday/Sunday March 17 and 18th at Queeny Park. There will be 400+ quilts, vendors, special exhibits (including some of our STLMQG Solids Only Challenge Quilts), and demonstrations. If that wasn't enough, there will be door prizes and raffle items too. No matter what style of quilting you enjoy, there is sure to be something here for everyone. Let's show our support for not only our STLMQG members; but for the St. Louis Quilting Community.
- Tickets for each raffle are $1.00 each or 6 tickets for $5. All raffles will be drawn on Sunday afternoon of the show. You do not need to be present to win.
- Babylock Sofia 2 embroidery and sewing machine, donated by Jackman's Fabrics, MSRP approximately $1000.00.
- Bits raffle quilt, "Sunset over the Valley" -- a beautiful queen size batik with amazing machine quilting.
- Ticket raffle for charity, this year 100% proceeds go to the Humane Society of Missouri. Lots of nice hand-made items and donated items -- small quilts, decorating items, gifts and so on.
- Multi Purpose Cutting Table, donated by Unique Sewing Furniture (vendor with Cobblestone Cupboard at the show). This table (MSRP approximately $1100.00) will be in the ticket raffle for the Humane Society.
- If you didn't sign up for the MQG Newsletter, then you may have missed out on the huge annoucement that went out last Monday, introducing QuiltCon.
- This inaugural convention and quilt show by and for Modern Quilters happens February 21-24 2013 in Austin, TX and will feature top modern quilting instructors and will attract attendees from around the world. You can read all about QuiltCon on the official website found here. For all you STLMQG members, we have some exciting news to share with you during next month's meeting...stay tuned.
- Have you been paying attention to the MQG 100 Days of Modern Quilting series? You may have noticed a few familiar names appear recently. A handful of your fellow STLMQG members have been featured on the site. We've created a collection of their links here. Stay tuned because there are more STLMQG members coming soon.
We'll have another Flickr Feature Friday contributor later in the week and then announce our meeting agenda next Tuesday. Until then, we hope that you are finding a few minutes to Quilt...and/or working on your Secret Pouch Swap that is due in a few weeks.