- We welcomed 11 new members to the guild today (WOW!) and could not be more excited to see what quilty stuff you all create.
- Some quilting news and special announcements were discussed:
- Our final Sew-In Saturday of the year is September 29th from 9am-9pm. Sign-Up information will be provided to due-paying members this evening and we encourage you to sign-up quickly as space is limited.
- Saturday, September 22nd - Patty Young will be at Fabric Nosherie to help celebrate their 1st anniversary and to sign copies of her new book. To learn more, please checkout Fabric Nosherie's homepage.
- Webster Groves' Art on the Town is happening October 13th from 1pm-3pm. We are looking for 2 STLMQG modern quilters to participate in this event. To learn more, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our collaboration with 100 Quilts for Kids is a great way to spread a little love and joy to those who need it locally. To learn how to participate, please visit this post.
- It's the start of our Election season and we have some great opportunities for you to participate. Whether, you'd like to be an Elected Officer (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) or participate in one of our committees, there's a position fit for you. To get a general sense of the responsibilities and opportunities, please visit this link. Remember if you'd like to nominate someone for a position, run for a position yourself or participate in one of the committees, you need to contact Jamie Mueller no later then Sept. 30th. She's on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, or you can visit her blog.
- Our Modern Quilting Trivia was a big success and we hope that you had fun participating in this inaugural event. This is definately a to-do for next year :-) and don't feel bad if you didn't know the answers to every question...this was a challenge for alot of us.
- Finally, Show & Tell was another winner with alot of participation and inspiration. Thank you to everyone who showed what they were working on, we'd love it if you would upload photos to Flickr so all of our members can see your creations.
Just a quick reminder, if you ever have any questions or suggestions, just drop us an email.
If you are a social media junkie like we are, make sure you check us out.
It's a great way to stay connected, get feedback, share your work, etc.