Saying Thank you!!!! certainly isn't enough...your generosity is most welcomed. Thank You to everyone who donated, your gifts will certainly make a difference in someone's life...please know that.
Now onto some additional items that were discussed during Saturday's meeting.
- QuiltCon Quilt Show submissions are due November 30th...don't forget. To learn more, check out the links here, here and here.
- We'll have our first elections during the November meeting. Those candidates who are running will have an opportunity to introduce themselves and talk to the membership for a little while before the polls open. Then all attending, due-paying members will be issued a ballot for which they must vote for the candidate they chose. Once all ballots have been collected and tallied; we'll announce all positions for the 2013 year.
- Don't forget that if you are interested in being more involved in the STLMQG, we have two great opportunities for you. Sign-ups will take place during the November meeting and for anyone who will not be in attendence and would like to be on one of the committees, please drop us a line.
- Member's Swap/Challenge Committee
- Charity Committee
- Our STLMQG Handmade Holidays event is now underway. We need your help sharing the fun and exciting tutorials that you have tried and love. Head on over to this post to learn how you can participate.
- We will be hosting our 2nd annual Ticket Raffle this December and we can't do it without you. Your donations will not only help our guild raise some $$; but will also be much appreciated by your fellow guild members as we all have the opportunity to win what you bring in. Here's the breakdown of how donations will be accepted:
- $10 or less = 5 tickets
- $11 - 30 = 10 tickets
- $31 - 50 = 15 tickets
- $51 and up = 20 tickets
Thanks to everyone who brought in Show & Tell, it's always such a
treat to see what our members are working on.
For anyone who is relatively new to Modern Quilting and would like to know more about what can be classified as a modern quilt, please check out the MQG series "100 Days of Modern Quilting"...it's a visual experience you won't want to miss.