- While our Madrona Road Challenge deadline is Feb. 9th, it was announced today by the MQG that there is an additional element to the national challenge. If you finish and upload your project to the Challenge Flickr pool by January 31st, you not only have the opportunity for your item to be reviewed and possibly selected by Michael Miller Fabrics to show in their QuiltCon booth; but Violet Craft herself will select her personal favorite and send that winner a "care package".
- Have you heard about the ScrappyTripAlong? It all started in late December when some quilting gals got together and decided to start making a quilt using their scraps and this tutorial. Mania struck and practically overnight blocks started popping up all over. A Flickr group was formed which now has over 780 members.
- Looking for a quick charitable activity? Val from PinkPlease! is looking for volunteers to make one 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" block by the end of January. The resulting charity quilt will be donated to a silent auction for The Heroes Foundation, which is a cancer philanthropy located in Indianapolis, IN. The quilt that was made last year (as pictured below) raised $1000. It's not too late to get involved. Head on over to her blog to sign up.
- The official Sew-In Saturday dates have been confirmed...WooHoo!!! If you haven't been to a Sew-In Saturday, you are missing out as it's a solid 12 hours (or 6 if you choose a 1/2 day) of sewing, friends, food and fun. This year we are upping the excitement and offering an optional workshop at each of our Sew-Ins. While you do have to be at the Sew-In to participate in the workshop, it's not a requirement that you do participate.
**Cindy Lammon will be hosting the first workshop on March 30th; where she will be showing
us her techniques for Machine Quilting. More info coming in early March.
- Finally, just wanted to remind everyone that we are back to our normal second Saturday meetings. We hope to see you on February 9th, where we'll be revealing our Madrona Road Challenge projects.