- While the social activities might have seemed a little silly on the surface, we hope that you made some new contacts and connections within our guild, and learned a thing or two about those sitting at the table with you. A big Thank You to our "moderators" without whom, our event would not have been the same.
- How about a Sew-In? Mark your calendars --- Janie Lou is hosting a small one on Friday, April 25th, contact them or drop by for more information. Our next big quarterly Sew-In Saturday is May 3rd from 9am-9pm. An email with more information and instructions on how to sign-up will be going out the last week of April.
- The STLMQG was asked to host a Quilting Education session for the community on Saturday May 17th at the Webster Groves library. We are looking for volunteers who would like to participate by showing their quilt-making talents (piecing, machine quilting, etc) or bringing a few quilts (Traditional, Contemporary, Modern) to the event as part of the program. If you are interested in learning more, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We received our Michael Miller Challenge fabric and it was distributed to those who are looking to participate in the MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge. Information regarding this challenge can be found on the MQG Community site. For the rules, please visit the Challenge tab at the top of this blog.
- Also Tracy from Tempest In A Tulip, a local online shop carrying Organic fabrics introduced her business and offered members in attendance a coupon.
- Casey and Jessica kicked off the Member's Swap/Challenge Committee activity by collecting everyone's inspiration images. For those who are participating, please remember that the fabric is due next meeting.
- Our WOW (War on WIP) is really gaining momentum as you all are finding your Works in Progress and finishing them. We are really enjoying some of the stories behind them too.
- Finally thanks to everyone who continues to bring their modern Show & Tell items, as this segment of our meeting is always the most inspirational and is definitely the highlight to our Saturday's together.
We will hopefully see you at the Sew-In on May 3rd; but for sure at our next meeting.
Until then, keep the conversations going on Facebook and Instagram.