- QuiltCon Quilt Show Call for Entries will close on November 30th, so don't miss your opportunity. Check out all the details (Show Info), (Entry Process), and (Judging Process) for more information.
- The Member's Swap/Challenge Committee announced its final swap at November's meeting. The details are simple, make a pincushion any size, shape, or color (remember, we are a modern guild) and bring it to the February 2015 meeting. The members will vote on their favorites, some small prizes announced and the Rob Your Neighbor swap will begin...so be creative and make something that you would be proud to show off and have stolen over and over again :) When we did a pincushion swap years ago, it was a blast, so we are excited to see what you create.
- We collected so many fantastic items for our annual fundraiser (to be held at December's meeting), that we know you are going to have a thrilling time deciding what to take your chance on. It's not too late to donate, so please bring your items to December's meeting. To find out more, including the types of items we are looking for and how our fundraiser works, check out this link.
- Congratulations to Andrew Joslyn, who was voted in as the Regional Representative for The MQG Board of Directors, Region 3 (our region). If you haven't yet had an opportunity to check out Andrew Joslyn's introduction, be sure you do so.
We distributed the remainder of the Sew Me St. Louis prizes, and discussed how much fun we all had and what to look forward to next October. We will be doing a proper event recap in the coming weeks, including thanking those who donated their time, prizes, etc.
Casey talked about her experiences at Quilt Market in Houston, including what the event is like for someone like herself who has written a book and needs to do promotions, networking, etc.
Our 2015 Officers were announced, and we are happy to welcome Monica Smith onto the team as Vice President. The rest of the team remains as such (Kristy Daum - President, Rene Seltzer - Treasurer, and Kelly Smith - Secretary). We would like to thank Lynne Miller, our current VP, for all of her hard work and dedication these past years.
We started taking sign-ups for our 3 committees; but it's not too late to join in on the fun and sign-up at December's meeting. The committees are:
- Member's Swap/Challenge Committee
- Charity Committee
- Events Committee
It's that time of year when we collect membership dues for next year. We must get our final membership numbers into The MQG by January 1st, so December's meeting will be your last opportunity to renew for next year. If you know that you will not be able to attend December's meeting, please contact us, so arrangements can be made to include your name on our 2015 Roster. Don't forget, our annual dues are $40 and include the opportunity to participate in Sew-Ins, Challenges, attend workshops, our now annual Sew Me St. Louis event, and much more.
Have you been participating in our WOW (War On WIP) event throughout the year? Did you know that December's meeting is your last opportunity to complete and share any of those WIP, to be entered into the gift certificate and prize opportunity? It's not too late.
See you on December 13th!