- Do you have a quilt that you are extremely proud of that captures the modern aesthetic...then please consider entering it into The MQG Showcase at International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX. The entry opens on May 30th and closes on June 27th. Here is some background information. Please note that this is for for exhibit only, you are not entered to win any prizes.
- The Michael Miller Challenge due date has been extended with entries now due in July. We love seeing the sneak-peeks and stacks of additional fabric that everyone has been posting on social media, on their blogs, etc.
- Thank you to Mary Claire and Juli Ann for the recap of SewDown: Nashville. We wish we could have been there.
- Thank you to those members who recapped their trip to Paducah, it was interesting to hear everyone's experiences.
- Everyone sure looks like they had fun choosing fabric based off of their secret swap partner's inspiration photo. Thanks to the Member's Swap/Challenge committee for pulling off another great activity. If you have fabric for your partner; but were not at the meeting, and did not advise one of the Officers, please do so immediately, as we want to ensure that everyone who signed up to participate will get their fabric.
- Interested in attending QuiltCon next February in Austin, TX? The schedule and class descriptions are to be released to due-paying members on June 1st. Registration opens to all MQG members on June 24th 10am EST. Don't know what QuiltCon is? Head on over to their site right away and see what all the buzz is about.
- We made 2 big announcements this month, both of which were recapped in an email sent out to due-paying members on Saturday evening. If you are a due-paying member and did not receive an email, please let us know.
- STLMQG RoadTrip to Sarah's Fabric in Lawrence, KS (June 21st-22nd) -- If you are a due-paying member of the STLMQG and would like to join us, please let us know asap. We need a headcount so we can coordinate lodging, drivers and passengers. This is not a guild-funded trip, we are only coordinating the opportunity, members will be responsible for all costs.
- STLMQG Speaker/Workshop Event (October TBD) -- We are looking at offering 3-6 workshops and or lectures taught by members, an all night Sew-In, a social event and lots more. Interested in teaching? There will be an application sent out late May/early June. Have an idea for a class, for a venue, want to volunteer? Please let us know. We want to make this a weekend to remember.
Finally, we just wanted to thank everyone who is playing along with our WOW (War on WIP), it has been a lot of fun seeing what everyone has been hiding in their closets, and we are just as excited as you that the item is now done. I mean, who doesn't love making room for more.
We will see you next month, June 14th. Until then, let's keep the
conversation going over on Facebook and Instagram.