- Interested in participating in The MQG's Fabric Challenge "Sashing Stash" beginning in early 2016? The registration email will be sent by The MQG on December 19th, 9am central. As always there are more members then they have available fabric to give away; but that doesn't mean that if you miss the "free fabric" you can't participate, as this fabric is available at several shops, so check in with them to see if they will carry it. All of the rules and registration details can be found at this link : Get Ready for the Riley Blake Fabric Challenge Spring 2016!
- Another opportunity that is available to all modern quilters, or those looking to work on their modern techniques is Lucky Spool's Mighty Lucky Quilting Club. This subscription based club focuses on challenging you with design concepts in the quilt making process. The challenges will go out each month via email, and participants are encouraged to share their progress on social media using the hashtag #mightylucky . To check out the top-notch Quilters who will be leading these monthly challenges and to learn more about the club, check out this site : Mighty Lucky Quilting Club. For our STLMQG members, be sure to check your email about a potential savings on the yearly subscription price.
- We played a quick game of "Yes/No" to see how our members stacked up against one another when it came to answering simple questions like :
- I have been known to keep scraps smaller then 2" x 2"
- I am part of a quilting bee
- I have brought travelling projects to meetings, kid's events, on vacation
- Our main event, our annual Fundraiser, drew lots of excitement as our members took a chance at taking home lots of goodies including patterns, fabric bundles, notions, books, and even gift certificates. Rene, our Treasurer, is still tallying what we brought in; but first estimations show that it was a profitable day; which will go a long way towards our events and activities in the coming year. To see some of the items that our members won, be sure to check out the hashtag #stlmqg on Instagram. Thanks again to all those who donated items, as this annual event could not happen without you.
On behalf of the Officers...
Thank You, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!