- For those that are participating, how is your Sashing Stash Challenge coming along? Did you know the due date has been extended to May 31st?
- Casey from the Member's Swap/Challenge Committee handed out everyone's blocks for the I-70 swap and we did a quick reveal to see the variety of blocks which participants are working with, remember your finished project is due at the July meeting. Check out the hashtag #i70swap to see what everyone is working on.
- A big thank you to Marianne Belcke, for presenting this month's trunk show.
- Our members announced several Wins! this month, and we encourage you to share yours with us next month. Did you finish a quilt, have a pattern published, receive an invitation to teach, or finally cleaned your studio...all of those are good things to share.
- Jessica, our guild's Secretary, talked briefly about our Sew-Ins at Janie Lou; which is a great opportunity to get together with a smaller group. The upcoming dates are May 7th, August 20th and November 5th.
We uploaded photos of most of the Show & Tell items to our Instagram page (@stlmqg), if you missed the meeting and would like some inspiration, head on over there to check it out.
Looking for inspiration of a different kind, the Missouri History Museum has an exhibit running which is titled Little Black Dress.
The Charity Committee announced this year's project; which is to make weighted lap pads for the sensory friendly kids in our area. We will be sharing a separate blog posts on this; with instructions and everything you need to know to participate.
Finally, in preparation for our annual in-town retreat, SewMeSTL, which is happening October 8th and 9th, we are looking for workshop instructors. Are you interested in sharing your talents with our guild, please click on the following link where you will be taken to the application.
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on Saturday, May 14th. Until then, visit us on social media.