- Going forward, Monica, our VP will be announcing events going on around town related to quilting, sewing, crafting and the Arts. If there is something happening that you would like your fellow members to know about, please be sure to send her an email or seek her out before the meeting.
- Member, Dottie Vaughn, is leading our guild's QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge, and this month several members signed up to be a part of this group; which will design and create a quilt to hang at QuiltCon East next year.
- Dottie also presented an excellent program all about needles, including what those numbers mean on the packaging, why you really (yes, really) should change your needle, and several other educational things. Did you see the prop she brought with her?
- Jessica, our Secretary, led the group through the survey results, what we are changing, what we need help with, etc. This was quickly followed up with an overwhelming response from our membership; which resulted in two new committees being spontaneously created (Education & Quilt Show). Several members signed up to present programs in the coming months and year. Thank You!!!!
- This month's Member Trunk Show featured the works of Silvia Sutters, whose quilt journey is still relatively new; but definitely one to follow. Please be sure you check her out on Instagram @astrangerview
- Our first SewMeSTL retreat room raffle was won by Patti B. Congrats!
- If you are participating in the #i70swap, your item is due at July's meeting...so don't worry, you didn't miss the due date.
Here are some things you might want to know about:
- Are you going to QuiltCon East next February in Savannah, GA? Interested to learn more?Check out the links below for the event itself as well as an application to be a Super Volunteer.
- Quilt Market, the quilting industry trade show is happening right now in Salt Lake City. Want to get a sneak peek of the fabrics, patterns and notions that could be showing up at your favorite quilt shops. Check out the Instagram hashtag #quiltmarket