Thank you for spending your Saturday with us. We hope that you left with some new knowledge, inspiration and ideas for future projects. Here is a recap in case you missed something.
- Marie, our Vice-President, provided lots of quilting/crafting announcements
- Krista, our Treasurer, gave us the updated financial info including a reminder that we recently paid for our meeting space through the end of the year, as well as what the Quilt Show actually cost us.
- Jessica, our Secretary, announced that we now have 110 members.
- Tips & Tricks Day was a success thanks to our teachers who took the time to share their knowledge with our members. Thank you to Kerry, Patti, Tess and Dottie. Check out our IG page to see what they were teaching.
- We then passed out ballots for the proposed Bylaw changes, and after tallying up the responses by the dues-paying members in attendance, all of the proposals were approved.
- Kristy reminded everyone about the Presidential vacancy at the end of this year, and explained that only one candidate came forward. She proposed a motion to accept that person as President, instead of going through the motions of a September election. The motion was accepted and we are proud to announce that Jessica will be our guild's President for 2018 & 2019.
- The elections for the remainder of the Board positions will occur in November and all interested candidates should contact Kristy no later then October 15th. While Krista and Marie will gladly continue in their role for another year, should someone wish to put their names in the hat, they must do so by 10/15. The responsibilities of those positions can be found here [[ Officer Roles ]]
- It was announced that SewMeSTL would not be having workshops this year due to a lack of Teacher interest and fiscal responsibility; but that only means that there is more time to sew all day and into the evening. Sign-ups are required and will be emailed out this week. Also we are still 6 rooms shy of our required 20, so we encourage you to grab a friend or two and book a room for Saturday evening.
- Our charitable project; which is to make Little Dresses for Africa and Britches for Boys is due next month; which is quickly approaching. To read all about it, check out this link which gives you all the info.
- Also, don't forget about our Officer's Pattern/Book Challenge; which also has a due date of September. All the rules can be found here.
Here are some things you might want to know about:
Flower Valley Quilt Show is Saturday and Sunday, 9/23-9/24.
Circle in the Square Quilt Show runs October 1st - 27th at the UCity Public Library
QuiltCon magazine is accepting submissions, as is QuiltCon.
Crafty Gemini is starting a Wallet Club; which lasts 5 months. You get 8 patterns and step by step videos for $95.
GnomeAngel started 2 QAL - Tula Pink's Butterfly Quilt and Jen Kingwell's Gypsy Wife QAL. There are prizes.
The MQG is having a webinar on 8/19 for those interested in learning what it takes to become a Regional Representative/Board Member
The MQG is hosting it's monthly #MQGSewDAY on 8/20. Be sure to tag any quilty related photos with that hashtag that day and check out what others are making too.
O Sew Personal is hosting an Aurifil Club starting on 8/21. You get 4 spools every month for the monthly fee of $39.
GnomeAngel is hosting another QAL starting on 9/1. This one is for Sew Daly's Round We Go QAL.
AQS Quilt Week is 9/13-9/16 in Paducah. Reach out to the Quilted Fox if you are interested in taking their bus.
The MQX Machine Quilting Show in Springfield, IL runs the last weekend in September.