Here's some things you might remember or could have missed:
- Mary Claire announced that our Cross Block Gathering created a total of 13 quilts which will be split up and donated to help comfort those in Joplin, MO with the other 1/2 being given to the local chapter of Project Linus. This was our first charitable event, and I am just floored at the outpouring of support everyone showed...I mean 13 quilts, that's AMAZING!!!
- As part of the "You Oughta Know" monthly segment, Judy H. and Jamie Mueller shared with our guild some of their favorite or most used quilting accessories.
- Who would have thought that a Scrap Swap could turn into a Sporting Activity; but that's exactly what happened once the 8 oz. bags of scraps were collected and Mary Claire broke out her pitching skills. Maybe next time we'll ask members to bring a Glove, just like one would do at a Cardinals game. We'll definately have to do this Scrap Swap again...it was a blast.
- We'd like to give a big Thanks to Tonie Covelli, from Creative Fitness Solutions LLC, who shared with us her talents in Personal Training. Our members were guided through a series of stretching activities; which are imperative to add to one's Quilting routine, so you can ward off the typical aches and pains associated with long hours sitting at one's machine or standing at the cutting table/ironing boards. It was exciting to see our members participate in this activity.
- Our final Sew-In Saturday for 2011 is only a few weeks away...September 24th from 9am-6pm. You must be a due-paying member to attend, the fee is 1 Modern FQ, and most importantly you must RSVP as space is limited. Sign-ups begin now and will end Sept 21st or until we fill-up; which after last month's turnout will likely happen relatively quickly. To sign-up all you have to do is find the Sew-In Saturday button along the right-hand side of our blog, click it and you'll be taken to a form where you answer a few questions. Easy!!
- Another Thank You goes out to Alex (Wendy R. son), Lynne M., Mary Claire and Juli Ann D. for providing the wonderful STLMQG Logo options we voted on today. After the ballots were collected and counted, the winning logo was announced. Congratulations to Juli Ann D.
- Over the next week, we'll be rolling out the new logo throughout our many sites (Blog, Flickr, Twitter, etc), providing you with ways to add the logo to your own blog, and finally giving you information on how you can show your love for the STLMQG by having a personalized Totebag, T-Shirt, Coffee Mug, etc. made.
- Finally, the business part of our meeting ended with a lively discussion of our Leadership Structure and how you can be a part of the future of the STLMQG by running for office. Google Docs is being a pain tonight, so I can't upload the PDF file...I'll be emailing it to everyone instead. It is a breakdown of all of the Officers responsibilities, as well as accompanying positions and committee opportunities. If you would like to run, please contact Jamie Mueller (our Election Officiate) no later then October 1st, so she can make sure that you are on the ballot. Additionally, if you would like to nominate someone, please let Jamie know immediately so she has time to contact the nominee. If you have any questions or would like more information about a specific role, please contact Mary Claire or I as we can provide further insight. Elections are November 12th, and the candidates will be revealed the week prior. Please note that each candidate will have the opportunity to say a few words before voting actually occurs.
- Our meeting ended with some wonderful expressions of Modern Quilting through the return of Show & Tell.