- Casey announced our upcoming swap with the KCMQG. All dues-paying members are encouraged to participate, and while this is a swap with longer lead times, due dates are very important. To read more, check out this post which was published last week... [I-70 Swap with KCMQG].
- Angie Henderson jump-started our Member Trunk Show and shared some of her amazing work with our audience. If you are unfamiliar with Angie's work, check out her IG account (@a.sewcrazy) to learn more. Thanks Angie!
- Our members then celebrated Valentine's Day by creating one of a kind cards; which were shared with a local assisted living center. It is amazing what a glue stick, fabric scraps and lots of creativity will yield you.
- Finally, we shared more details regarding several upcoming calendar events.
- SewMeSTL is October 8th - 9th, so mark your calendars. We encourage you to book a room, so you make an entire weekend of it, rather then having to drive home. We will be looking for Workshop Teachers, so watch out for the open call. Additionally, the Member's Swap/Challenge Committee will be creating a swap that attendees will be able to participate in, adding additional anticipation and excitement to an already spectacular event.
- We have re-instated our Quarterly Sew-In Saturday's which will now be held at Janie Lou quilt shop. Jessica, our guild's Secretary, will be managing sign-ups; but for now, mark your calendars for March 26th, May 7th, August 20th, and November 5th. Space is limited, so it is important to sign-up as soon as you receive the email.
- Each June, our guild hosts a Members-Only Roadtrip and this year is no different, although our destination definitely is. How does Nashville sound? We will be visiting Craft South, checking out the local cuisine, and offering additional quilt-related activities; all to make your weekend one to remember. Mark your calendars for June 11th - 12th.
Thanks to all our members who attended our meeting and helped to make it a success. We hope to see you in a few weeks, where we will be hosting another Member Trunk Show as well as playing Quilting Trivia. You might want to brush up on popular fabric lines, quilt industry logos, popular quilt blocks...oh, and Kona Cotton Colors.