- Marie, our Vice-President, provided lots of quilting/crafting announcements:
- 100 Days/100 Blocks SEW-ALONG with @gnomeangel on Instagram
- Garden of Glass opens at the Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Summer Sampler 2017 starts on Monday May 15th. You can purchase the pattern here.
- STLMQG Hand-Sew Happy Hour is Tuesday May 16th at Urban Chestnut, in the Grove
- Cindy Lammon is hosting the RIN Along (Hand Applique) using Carolyn Friedlander's pattern. For more information, visit Hyacinth Quilts.
- The next MQG Virtual Sew Day is Sunday, May 21st. If you are sewing, quilting, crafting, or even buying fabric that day, be sure to post a photo to Instagram and use the hashtag #mqgsewday
- Janie Lou is welcoming back Carolyn Friedlander for a Trunk Show and Classes on May 23rd. Visit Janie Lou to learn more.
- Hearts & Hands Quilt Guild is having their Quilt Show on June 10th & 11th
- The KC Regional Quilt Festival is June 15th-17th.
- Interested in a swap, @creationsbychristineco is holding a Tula Pink Economy Block Swap
- Jessica, our Secretary, spoke about our membership numbers
- Krista, our Treasurer, gave us the financial info including that we recently paid for the workshop room for Amy Friend.
- The Charity Committee quickly reminded everyone about our project for this year; which is to make Little Dresses for Africa and Britches for Boys. All items are due at our September meeting. To read all about it, check out this link which gives you all the info.
- The Members Swap/Challenge Committee got our Container Swap going.
- The Quilt Show Committee provided updates on our first show, including reminding everyone on the times in which they can drop off their quilts.
- We held a Publishing Panel, providing information on publishing a book, quilt patterns, submitting to magazines, etc. Thank you to Casey, Jan, Krista and Kristy for sharing your background, comments and experiences with the guild.
- We played a quick Getting To Know you game; which caused quite a stir and a lot of laughter.
- We closed the meeting with Show & Tell...always a winner! Check out our IG page to see many of the items which were shown.
Here are some links you may want to know about:
- 70723 Project - This is the ongoing project that Tess spoke about near the end of our meeting.
Also, don't forget that we do not have a June meeting; but we are happy to be welcoming Amy Friend to St. Louis for a Trunk Show and two workshops. We hope to see you at one of those events.
Otherwise please be sure to check into social media now and again to see what your fellow members are working on, and definitely check your Inbox as we will have member-only info sent out regarding the Quilt Show, SewMeSTL, etc.