- We announced several upcoming "sewlebrities" which were coming to town.
- Janie Lou is bringing in Carolyn Friedlander for 2 half day lectures and a trunk show on Tuesday, May 23rd. If you are interested, please contact Janie Lou.
- Jackman's Fabric is bringing in Bill Kerr of Modern Quilt Studio for a lecture and workshop in the next few weeks. If you are interested, please contact Jackman's Fabrics.
- The Fresh Quilting episodes featuring many of your favorite modern quilters is now streaming on the MQG Community Site, under Resources. You will need a username/password to access the site; but if you are a dues-paying member of the STLMQG, you were sent an email with this information soon after you signed up.
- Thimble & Thread, one of the largest quilting guilds in STL, is hosting their biannual Quilt Show this coming weekend.
- Hannah led a wonderful presentation on "Curating Fabric Bundles"; which is a great way to use a focal print and build a self-curated collection of basics around it. Thanks Hannah!
- We had a long discussion about QuiltCon, what was seen, what classes people took, what they liked, what they didn't, etc. If you are unfamiliar with this ALL - MODERN quilting conference, you must check out what you missed.
- The Convention
- QuiltCon is coming to Nashville in 2019.
- We held our Special Election for VP, and we are proud to announce that Marie Nicholson Hill is our 2017 VP.
- The Quilt Show Committee announced that the STLMQG will be having our 1st Quilt Show on July 15th, 2017...just a few short months away. They will be sending out all the details in the coming weeks regarding how to get involved, what types of quilts they are looking for, etc. Start thinking of what quilt you would like to share.
- Members brought their quilts and projects to share during Show & Tell; which is always a beloved part of our meetings. You can see a large assortment of the quilts on our STLMQG Instagram page.
Finally, don't forget that we are proud to announce that Amy Friend @duringquiettime is joining the STLMQG this June for a trunk show and two workshops. Check out the community announcement here.
Thanks for continuing to support our guild. We are looking forward to a wonderful year of collaboration, quilting and excitement.