Let's do a recap, shall we...
- We opened the meeting with 85 due-paying members and closed it with 90...WOW!!!
- Last week we received our official 501c3 group exemption non-profit documentation from The MQG. The MQG has announced that they are working on the membership cards, a new blog button and fingers crossed will soon be announcing the next Fabric Challenge.
- Lynne announced that our Fall Charity Project will be...Pillows!!!...supporting Siteman. Did everyone get a chance to see the super cute pillow she brought with her? All due-paying members will be receiving a survey in their email over the coming weeks asking for feedback on the charity project...Stay Tuned!
- Our members unanimously voted to add the following to our By-Laws under Article 10 in regards to amending By-Laws. The bit about voting via online ballot was added since we understand that in some instances it is necessary for all members, including those who are unable to attend our meetings, to vote on By-Law Amendments. This will be added to our By-Laws this week with an amended date of 8/10/2013.
"Amendments to these by-laws shall be made by majority vote of members present as a regular or special meeting. If deemed necessary, members may also vote via online ballot, instructions and information to be provided in an email. The changes must be posted on the Guild's website(s) for all to see."
- The first online ballot to be sent out will arrive in due-paying members' inboxes later this week. It will pertain to adding an amendment in regards to "children attending meetings"...which was a discussion that was held during the meeting on Saturday.
- Our members recapped Jacquie Gering's presentation and workshop, showing some of the projects they made using her crazy piecing technique.
- Did you find some "new to you" modern fabric that you want to add to you shopping list? Thanks to our members who brought in some of their new fabric purchases, it was great to see the color, scale and quality of some of the prints hitting shelves now.
- It was great to see what everyone was working on in Show & Tell. Thanks for sharing!!
- We closed out our meeting with a little group-activity. We wanted to know what activities/techniques/challenges you would like to learn? What Speakers would be a good fit for the STLMQG? Additional thoughts and suggestions you may have for our guild? And don't forget, you don't have to wait for a questionnaire to offer suggestions. Thanks to everyone who participated, we can't wait to add these to our growing list and put them into action.
Thanks to everyone for coming out, participating and supporting our guild!