- As of Saturday, we have 56 dues-paying active members. If you are a returning member and haven't paid your 2013 dues yet, March will be the last month you can do so before you are removed from all Rosters, Directories, etc. For those who are active, keep a lookout in your mailbox this month for your Membership Roster.
- The STLMQG is being spotlighted in the Spring issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine. Thanks to everyone who participated in the photo shoot at the end of the meeting.
- We are so impressed with the level of excellency and "modern-ness" during the Madrona Road/Michael Miller Challenge reveal. Make sure that if you are a member of our Flickr page and haven't uploaded a photo of your work yet, that you do so.
- We discussed bringing in Jacquie Gering of TallGrass Prairie Studio, and co-author of Quilting Modern, to present a lecture and workshop this year. Thanks to everyone who participated in the question/answer session...more info coming soon.
- To celebrate Mardi Gras and the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday, we did a quick Seek & Find activity, Congrats to the winners. You all are an enthusiastic bunch and we love you for that.
Here's a few links to things that were discussed during the meeting.
- Jamie Mueller is looking for quilt donations that will be auctioned off to help support Women's Cancer Research. To learn more, check out her blog.
- Chrissy O. discussed a story by Mary Fons about getting a quilt into the White House. If you would like to read her story and sign the petition, check out these links. Story Petition . No matter your political views, you have to agree that it would be lovely to see a quilt draped over a chair in the highest office in this country?
- If you are interested in making a zippered pouch similiar to the one that Mary Claire showed during Show & Tell, head on over to our Pinterest page to find the link, or just click here.
Additionally, Drea, our Charity Committee Chairperson, posted a question on our Flickr page about what our group should do for the Spring Charity Project, make sure you head over there and check it out and leave your feedback.
Looking forward to seeing you in March, until then make sure to check out what's happening on Facebook and Pinterest.