We got together Saturday for some crafty fun and social time. Check out November's meeting highlights.
- Details of local and online events:
PerennialSTL: Intro to Mesh Embroidery, Saturday 11/19, 10am - 1pm Upcycled Quilt Coat, Wednesday 12/14 & 12/21, 6pm - 9pm
Jackman’s: Christmas Stocking, Thursday 11/17, 10:30am - 2:30pm Build Your Own Bargello Quilt, Saturday 11/19, 10:30am - 4:30pm
Do you know of some quilty fun? Be sure to share it in our Facebook group or Instagram page.
- Congratulations to the newly elected board officers!
- President: Octavia Pitts through 2023
- Vice President: Jennifer Deck 2023-2024
- Secretary: Gail Luther through 2023
- Treasurer: Susan Muszynski 2023-2024
- Our current membership numbers are 210 guildies. WOW!!
- Announcements and Reminders:
- Membership renewal for 2023 is HERE. Dues will remain $40.
- Hand (Home) Sew Happy Hour is tonight from 6-9PM. This is the last one for the year. ZOOM link.
- December raffle meeting will take place on the 3rd Saturday of the month-12/17/22 in the Sunset Room. Not the second Saturday and not our normal meeting room. There will NOT be Zoom for this meeting. Please note the change.
- Tickets for the raffle can be purchased BEFORE the meeting begins.
Kanzashi Flower Folding
We had a chance to mingle with our fellow guild pals while learning how to fold fabric Kanzashi style. After you fold a few petals you can string them together to make a flower. Between chatting with friends and working with our hands, it seemed like everyone had a good time. Thank you to the Programming committee for coming up with a fun activity!
- SewMe STL
- Despite a couple of hiccups, our first SewMe retreat in three years was a success!
- Save the date for next year's retreat: September 15-17, 2023.
- Charity Committee
- The charity committee is still tallying the final count, but a conservative estimate is that our guild produced 200+ quilts to donate to The Women's Safe House. What a beautiful effort from our guild!
- Swap and Challenge
- The Fabric Placement challenge has come to an end. Thank you to the committee for bringing this to life.
- Prize winners for participating: Barb Phelps, Terry Darling, Gail McCarthy, and Megan Smith. Congratulations!
Other Items Covered
- Fabric Raffle: Thanks to Cotton Cuts we gave away two FQ bundles of Sketchbook by Alexia Marcelle Abegg to Hope Wyss and Robyn Passig. Hooray!
- Block of the Month Wrap-up:
- All of the tutorials for the 2022 Block of the Month are posted on the blog and you still have a chance to win.
- Any member who completes their block of the month quilt top by January's meeting will be entered to win a free longarming service from Dottie Vaughn!
- September and October Block of the Month winners are Kathy Leahy and Carol Schmidt. High fives!
- Donation: Our membership voted to make a donation to SewHopeSTL to aid in their flood recovery.