As we prepare for the New Year festivities,
we wanted to share with you some points of interest for 2012.
- Did you hear that Pantone, the world's color authority, has selected it's "Color of the Year" for 2012. It's Tangerine Tango. On the heel's of this announcement, Erin and Ali, created the Tangerine Tango Quilt Challenge. You can read all about it here and here, and if you want to get in on the fun, check out their Flickr Group here.
- You may remember us announcing that The International Quilt Festival was hosting a Modern Quilt Guild Showcase and was looking for MQG members to submit some of their best work for possible consideration in aspecial exhibit shown during Quilt Market/Festival. Registration opens Jan 6th, 2012 and closes March 2nd, 2012. It's not too late to start something.
- The Sewing Summit, a blogging and sewing conference; which Cara briefly talked about at our November meeting, is happening again in 2012. If you'd like to learn more or are interested in attending, make sure that you sign up for information. It will be October 11th - 13th in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Let's not forget that the Bits 'n' Pieces Quilt Show "Fanfare of Quilts" is March 17-18th at Queeny Park. This is a huge Quilt Show; which the STLMQG is proud to be a small part of, as some of our members will be showing their Robert Kauffman "Solids Only" Challenge quilts. No matter what style of quilting you enjoy, you can surely find something to appreciate at this event.
- Quilt Market 2012 is coming to a town (sort of) near you...in Kansas City. It's May 18th-20th and there is likely going to be a MQG Market Meetup. We are in talks with the KCMQG to co-host the casual event, which brings together lots of people from the Modern Quilting Community for an evening of drinks, food delights and dishing on everything Modern Quilting. Sounds like a great time for a weekend getaway.
- Did you enjoy our STLMQG Sew-In Saturdays? Well, get excited because they are back and better then ever. We were able to secure 4 fun-filled Saturdays in 2012 (March 31st, April 28th, July 28th, and September 29th) and are you ready for the big news...doors open at 9am and close at 9pm. Yes, that is 12 full hours of nothing but quilting, chatting, and munching with your closest STLMQG friends. Sew-In Saturdays are of course for due-paying members only and reservations will be required...stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
- We are continually blown away by the creativity of our members and look forward to seeing what you'll be sharing with us in 2012. Do you love Swaps and Challenges as much as we do? Not only will our Members' Swap / Challenge Committee be hosting their swap and Challenge; but both Mary Claire and I will be too.
On behalf of your STLMQG Officers, we would like to wish you and yours a
Happy and Safe New Year!!!