Now, let's get to the recap:
- Kelly announced that we have 87 members, as 2 new-to-us visitors joined today. Welcome!
- Casey and Jessica from the Member's Swap/Challenge Committee, provided the Pincushion Swap details and with a resounding cheer, we had a table full of intricate pincushions to vote on and swap. Be sure to check out our #stlmqg hashtag on Instagram to see photos of the pinnies.
- We asked that members bring their recent pattern and book purchases with them to share a little bit about why they bought them, what they were looking forward to making, etc. It is our hope that members received some first-person recommendations, and introductions of new to them items.
- Kristy led an Instagram 101 session and several members were up and running, uploading their first photos and learning about hashtags, swaps, destashes, etc.
- Following the break, Casey introduced the next swap; which begins March and concludes in April. All those who are interested in participating should bring a 5" x 5" or larger piece of focal fabric to the March meeting. Before the April meeting, participants will purchase 4 coordinating FQs, building a small bundle. In April, the focal fabric and coordinating bundle will be given to it's original owner.
Here are some quick announcements you might want to check out.
- The MQG announced a Call for Entries a few months back, as the Texas Quilt Museum is hosting a juried exhibition and is looking for modern quilts. All the info you need can be found here.
- Have you been interested in purchasing a book by one of C&T's authors? In honor of those authors who will be attending QuiltCon, C&T is offering a 25% discount. All the details can be found here.
Thanks for another great meeting, see you on March 14th !