Thank you for spending your Saturday with us. We hope that you enjoyed the meeting, and were inspired to pick up some fabric and start sewing. Here is a recap in case you missed something.
- Marie, our Vice-President, provided lots of quilting/crafting announcements; which you will find at the end of this post.
- Krista, our Treasurer, gave us the updated financial info and reminded everyone that we still have expenditures of SewMeSTL coming up in October.
- Jessica, our Secretary, announced that we now have over 110 members.
- Kristy, our President, led a discussion on Modern Quilting and shared some of her experiences as a QuiltCon Juror and Judge.
- Our annual charitable activity came to a close as we gathered the rest of the Little Dresses for Africa and Britches for Boys. We ended up with 96 Dresses and 20 pairs of Pants. Fantastic!
- Those members who participated in the Officer's Book/Pattern Challenge then took to the floor to show off the items they made and share a little bit about the book and/or pattern that they used. Prizes were then randomly awarded. Thank you to all those who participated.
- Jessica showed the finished Missouri Cornfield block, pictured below, that our members will be making for the QuiltCon Charity Quilt this year. During the week, she emailed the instructions to all dues-paying members and reminded everyone of the extremely important October 15th due date. While there will be some fabric available at SewMeSTL for those who would like to complete their block at the event, you are free to make the block on your own and bring it to the event, or mail it to Jessica or Dottie. [[Missouri Cornfield Block Directions]]
We will be making Missouri Cornfield blocks for our contribution to the QuiltCon Charity Quilt. Members received an email this morning with all the details including instructions, color requirements and due date. Can't wait to see your blocks! . . . #stlmqg #showusyourmqg #quiltconcharityquilt #moderntraditional
- Kristy then reminded everyone that the November elections are just around the corner, and we are looking for a passionate member to join the Board as Secretary. If you are interested, please be sure that you email the guild, or inform Kristy no later then October 15th to get your name on the ballot.
- The Member's Swap/Challenge Committee announced the final swap of the year; which will take place at SewMeSTL...so please be sure that you come prepared if you would like to participate. Info below.
- One 1/2 yard of fabric
- One fat quarter of fabric
- One fat eighth of fabric
Please read on to see the events and activities that you should be aware of:
- Flower Valley Quilt Show is Saturday and Sunday, Sept 23rd and 24th. You can learn more here.
- The Strange Folk Festival is September 22nd-24th at Carondelet Park. Details can be found here.
- St. Louis Hills "Art in the Park" is September 24th at Frances Park. Learn more here.
- Gundrun Erla will be presenting at Loose Threads on September 27th. She will also be teaching two workshops on September 28th. Reach out to Loose Threads to learn more.
- The MQG Mini Swap is looking for participants starting on October 1st. Check your inbox for more information when it gets closer.
- The Weaver's Guild of St. Louis is hosting their 34th annual Sale on Friday and Saturday October 21st and 22nd in Webster Groves. Learn more here.
Finally, don't forget that we will not have an October meeting, as our annual SewMeSTL event will be taking place on October 14th and 15th. If you have signed up to attend, an email will be sent closer to the event outlining what to bring and what to expect. We hope to see you there!!