- Marie jumped head first into her new role as VP, with a Book Report to re-energize our library. She followed that up with lots of quilting/crafting announcements about things happening around town..
- Stitch St. Charles (May 23rd-25th) is a sewing, quilting and creative event.
- Hearts N Hands Quilt Guild (O'Fallon, IL) is sponsoring several lectures/workshops from Ebony Love, Gyleen Fitzgerald and Cheryl Sleboda.
- The Quilted Fox is teaching Painless Paper Piecing on Wed. April 12th.
- Interested in participating in some Instagram Swaps? Check out Orphan Hexie Swap, Urban Home Goods swap, Fat Quarter Friends Swap, and Summer Lovin Very Mini Quilt Swap
- The next MQG Virtual Sew Day is Sunday, April 23rd. If you are sewing, quilting, crafting, or even buying fabric that day, be sure to post a photo to Instagram and use the hashtag #mqgsewday
- Jessica, our Secretary, spoke about our membership numbers, monthly fabric raffle and got our Hand-Sew Roundtable Demos started.
- The Charity Committee announced our project for the year which is to make Little Dresses for Africa and Britches for Boys. All items are due at our September meeting. To read all about it, check out this link which gives you all the info.
- The Member's Swap/Challenge Committee announced our first swap which is all about Containers.
- Please make an approx 8inch "container" and bring it to the May meeting, there is no sign-ups. If you bring one, you'll swap one. The key is to think about making something other than a zippered pouch. There are lots of fun pods, boxes, baskets, bowls, etc. which you can make and swap. A quick look through Pinterest or Instagram will give you lots of inspiration. Don't forget to share your work on Instagram using the hashtag #stlmqg.
- While most of the Quilt Show Committee was absent, the announcement that we are having our first STLMQG Quilt Show was made. The committee has put in A LOT of time behind the scenes to get this going and once everything is finalized, the info will be dispersed to all members and announcements posted on social media. For now, there are two dates you should know about.
- April 30th : The due date for submitting a photo of one, two, or more of your modern quilts/small items. How to submit will be explained in the coming week.
- July 15th & 16th : The date of the Quilt Show itself. We hope to see you there.
There are also some announcements we made earlier in the month, year that we want to ensure that everyone checks into as well.
- The Fresh Quilting episodes featuring many of your favorite modern quilters is now streaming on the MQG Community Site, under Resources. You will need a username/password to access the site; but if you are a dues-paying member of the STLMQG, you were sent an email with this information soon after you signed up.
- Finally, don't forget that we are proud to announce that Amy Friend @duringquiettime is joining the STLMQG this June for a trunk show and two workshops. Check out the community announcement here. If you are a new dues-paying member and are interested in taking a workshop, please reach out to Jessica Schunke.
- Our guild is once again holding our annual sewing retreat, SewMeSTL, which is October 14th & 15th. A reminder email will be sent out in the coming week.
Thanks for continuing to support our guild. We are looking forward to a wonderful year of collaboration, quilting and excitement.