- Gayle, our Treasurer, gave us the updated financial info.
- Krista, our Secretary, announced our membership numbers and passed out our new MQG membership cards and pins.
- Marie, our VP, announced several pieces of quilting news and happenings (more about these will be sent via email).
- Jessica, our President, covered a whole host of items:
- The hand-sew happy hours and location for the entire year have been posted to the blog. This month's meet-up will be on Tuesday, March 20.
- SewMeSTL is going to be three days of fun this year (October 5-7)! Info on hotel rates and how to reserve will be sent via email.
- Sign-ups for the Latifah Saafir workshops in June will be going out this week, so keep an eye on your email. Info on the workshops will go out Tuesday, and the link for registration will go out Friday morning.
- Jessica announced the next Rainbow Block of the Month (BOM) Challenge color -- green. Save your citrons and teals for future months; this month, we want true green. You can find all of the details (and picture examples) here.
- Cindi and the Charity Committee reminded us about this year's charity project, which will be making normal quilts for Nurses for Newborns. You can find all of the details here.
- Emily and the Member Swap and Challenge Committee announced this year's challenge, the Colors of the Year Challenge, celebrating Pantone Ultra Violet and Kona Tiger Lily. You can find all of the details here.
- Emily and the committee also hosted our first swap of the year -- coasters! We had almost 40 members participate in a fun, rob-your-neighbor style game, and everyone who participated went home with a cute set.
Coasters and photo by Laura Patterson
- For this month's activity, we played a fun game called Block Relay, in which teams raced in several rounds to construct traditional blocks from the paper pieces provided. Hopefully, we weren’t too hard on you. The winners took home little bundles of low-volume stash builders.
Photo courtesy of Kristy Daum
- Marie collected the remaining blocks for our first Block Lotto round. The response was huge, and we ended up collecting enough blocks for 5 winners (4 received 35 blocks each, and the final winner received 27 blocks). Great job, guys! One of our winners, Kerry Caverly, already has her blocks up on her design wall.
Photo courtesy of Marie
Photo courtesy of Kerry
- Marie also announced the details for our second Block Lotto round, which is all about flying geese. You can find all of the details here. These blocks will be due in May, with no early collection due to the Shannon Brinkley workshops in April.
Photo courtesy of Krista
- We wrapped up the meeting with a great Show and Tell. Projects by Annie Cook, Jamie Mueller, and Amanda Zericki are shown below. Keep an eye on our Instagram page to see lots more pics of the meeting, show and tell, and our members' projects throughout the month.