- Members brought in the mini fabric bundles they built based off of last month's focal fabric. Thanks to Casey for leading the activity and the other members of the Swap/Challenge committee for hosting such a fun program.
- Kristy led a quick demo on how to Construct a Quilt using Negative Space, especially for those who are new to using this design element.
- Kelly talked about our guild's BOM (Block of the Month) and how one to two patterns will start appearing in your inbox the first of every month. She shared Jan's block; the first you will be receiving in a few weeks. If you missed it, you can check it out on Jan's blog.
- Jessica recapped this year's charity project [details here] and mentioned that we will have STLMQG Cares labels beginning next month for anyone who would like to use them.
- We announced several upcoming events and activities you won't want to miss out on. If you are a dues-paying member be sure to keep an eye on your inbox soon for more in-depth details.
:: June 13th-14th = Roadtrip to Sarah's Fabric in Lawrence, KS
:: September 12th-13th = Elizabeth Hartman Trunk Show & Workshops
:: October 24th-25th = SewMeSTL
Finally, here are some things that you might want to check out.
- The Foundry Art Centre is hosting "The Sum of Many Parts: Quiltmakers in Contemporary America" through July 10th.
- St. Charles First Annual Arts and Craft is happening Saturday April 18th and is an opportunity to check out some artists while enjoying some "craft" beer.