Quilting Trivia was a hit! There were laughs, there were sighs and ultimately the masked Quilters took top spot after a tiebreaker with the Corner Table! Competing teams like the Sexy Hexies, the Spoolies, the Flying Geese and more battled it out over knowledge about patterns, fabric, notions and STLMQG & MQG history. It was a fun time for competition and a little learning!
- Gail Luther, treasurer touched on the current state of the guild finances - if you'd like to know more make sure to connect with Gail.
- Christine Boyd, our secretary gave a quick update on member numbers. We are currently sitting at about 175! Make sure to pay your 2022 dues so you can stay in the loop. If you're not a member yet - check out how to join.
- Our Vice President Em Komiskey covered some of the online happenings coming up, below is a list.
- Mini Macrame Ornaments, Wednesday December 8, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Upcycled Sweater Mittens, Wednesday December 15, 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Leather Wallet, Saturday December 18, 10am-12:30pm
- Intro to Embroidery, Saturday December 18, 10am-1pm
- 2022 STLMQG Board Members: Cathy Jones - President, Octavia Pitts - Secretary, Returning Members: Em Kominsky - Vice President, Gail Luther - Treasurer (pictured left to right)
- 4x5 Quarterly Bees Signups Open - Quarterly Block Bees - Signups for round 4 are open now! Link is in your email. Please reach out to guild Vice President Em Komiskey with any questions - and please make sure to post progress pictures and tag #stlmqg4x5bee on IG!
- Hand Sew *Home* Happy Hour will be on break for the holidays - stay tuned for meetings in 2022!
- Skill builder Thank You! A huge thank you to everyone who participated posted and taught! Shoutouts to our teachers: Leila Gardunia, Lilo Whitener-Fey, Christine Boyd, Octavia Pitts, Jessica Schunke, Sarah Holst, and Em Kominsky!
- 2022 Member Dues - We have some exciting things planned for 2022 so make sure that you are current with your dues so you can stay in the know and on the email list! You can pay dues online here or in person at the meetings. We are excited for 2022 and want to make sure everyone sticks along for the ride! If you are a new member please check out the new member page to fill out your application.
- Vet Quilts - Vet Community Quilts were due at this meeting, our goal was 30 quilts and we knocked that out of the park with 41! Thank you to everyone who participated and made our goal a reality.
- PICU Quilts our two color challenge quilts PICU Quilts were due at this previous meeting and our members showed us some awesome creations. Our goal is 60 quilts - we've also knocked this out of the park so far with 94! We will still be accepting quilts at the December meeting so make sure to bring your quilts then! Also please share your finished quilts on social using #stlmqg #stlmqgcards and #stlmqgpicuquilts!
- December 2021 Holiday Raffle - We will be taking donations for tickets for the December holiday raffle next month. Please note: these donations are not what you might put on the free table; we are looking for retail quality items that most folks in the guild would be excited to take home. And don't feel limited to just quilt related items! Anything you think might be fun including wine, gift cards, or anything else you have hanging around that you would like to pass on. You can buy your raffle tickets prior to the meeting in December - please see your member email for details. And remember to bring something to write your name on your tickets with, mailing labels or stamps work great for this too!
- 2022 Committee Signups - Signups are now open for next year's committees - our committees are the glue of the guild and keep us involved and exciting. We would love to have you participate! If you're interested check out the link in your member email to signup now.
- Fabric Raffle
Thanks to another very generous donation from our sponsor Cotton Cuts we had two excited members win some awesome Wild Forgotten by Bonnie Christine & AGF! As always we are so thankful for a local fabric sponsor - check out Cotton Cuts to see how you can get fabric delivered to your door!