Hope everyone is staying safe! Here are a few updates and reminders for you.
- The May meeting is canceled but we will push information out as usual that week. Stay safe, everyone!
- We are excited to announce that Shannon Downey aka Badass Cross Stitch, will share the story of Rita's Quilt and how an unfinished quilt she found at an estate sale led to a journey that has touched millions around the world.
- How and When: Zoom Friday, April 24th @ 6:30pm. (Link and instructions for the meeting have been sent to current members via email.)
Current Status of Events:
- Tara Faughnan: April dates cancelled but we are working with her to see if we can find an acceptable date and venue in October. Stay tuned.
- Hand-Sew Happy Hour: April dates are officially canceled.
- Barn Quilt Painting: Canceled; we will work with the social committee later this year to see if it makes sense to make new arrangements.
- Meeting: The board has decided to go ahead and move the meeting from a physical event to an online format. Making that decision now takes away any uncertainty on it's safety as well as gives the board time to work out the best way to present to you in another manner. It won't likely be live, but we will have a smiling face for you to watch!
- Hand-Sew Happy Hour: Canceled.
- Jen Carlton-Bailly: This event will no longer take place in-person. We are working with Jen on the possibility of a virtual option. Stay tuned.
- Rest of the year:
- Nothing else has changed, but you guessed it: Stay tuned.
What is Still Happening:
Feel like you've been sewing masks and other much needed items at 1000 MPH during this crisis? Well, you have!! Our survey shows that as of April 20th, STLMQG members have produced over 1800 items. That. Is. Incredible. Thank you all for doing what you can to help friends, family, healthcare workers, and all sorts of other folks.