Thank you to everyone who came out to Saturday's meeting and participated in the raffle! It was a great way to finish the year and we had a blast!
We covered a few bits of housekeeping:
- It's time to pay your 2022 dues, which are holding steady at $40 for next year. You can pay via our Square Link. Dues are due by December 31 to remain a member in good standing. You can renew in January but it's best to do so early so you can stay in the loop with our emails - since if you are not renewed by the 31st your name gets removed from the email list.
- 2022 committee sign-ups are still open! The link to sign ups will be in this week's email.
- All our final PICU quilts were collected and thanks to everyone generous quilt making we were able to split our donations to two different hospitals - thanks to everyone who made this such a successful donation!
- We said a huge thank you to our outgoing board members, who have helped see us through some truly strange times this last year. We especially appreciate all you've done, Lilo Whitener-Fey (President) in stepping up these last few years to get us through all the zooms and back to our regularly scheduled (tho still masked) programming. The guild also presented Lilo with a beautiful quilt made with love by all the members - to say thanks for all of her hard work and leadership. Thanks go out to all the guild members who sent in blocks and helped put together and piece the top, as well as a special thank you to Dottie Vaughn who did some beautiful quilting, as well as Christine Boyd for being sneaky collecting blocks and doing some big-stitch binding!
- The highlight of our meeting was the big ticket raffle. Thanks to all the members you donated and made it such a special event - we had well over 150 items! An extra special thanks to those who purchased additional tickets to make the fundraiser such a success. We hope you had fun and got to go home with a fun new item or two.
- We wrapped up the meeting with another great Show and Tell - keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook page to see pictures of quilts that were shared, and to stay up to date on what's to come next year!