Members got into the holiday spirit this past Saturday by making holiday cards for local nursing home residents - it was a lovely way for members to relax and catch up while making cards that we are sure will make folks VERY happy this holiday season.
- Gail Luther, treasurer touched on the current state of the guild finances - if you'd like to know more make sure to connect with Gail.
- Christine Boyd, our secretary gave a quick update on member numbers. We are currently sitting at about 175! We are thrilled to see our guild staying strong even in these strange times - If you're not a member yet - check out how to join.
- Our Vice President Em Komiskey covered some of the online happenings coming up, below is a list.
- Patchwork Quilted Pants at Perennial STL! Wednesday, October 20th & 27th 18th, 6-9pm Learn More
- Stitching Stories from the Past - St. Louis Field House Museum Learn More
- Suzy Quilts' Holiday Party Quilt SA October 12th - November 23 Learn More
- October Skill Builder - Big Stitch Binding with Sarah Holst! @sarah_made Zoom with us Wednesday, October 27nd from 7-8pm. Look for your member email and zoom link reminders the night before. This will be our final skill builder of the year. We are so grateful for all the participation - this was such a fun way to learn some new things this year.
- 4x5 Quarterly Bees - Quarterly Block Bees - Block are due NEXT MONTH! Please reach out to guild Vice President Em Komiskey with any questions - and please make sure to post progress pictures and tag #stlmqg4x5bee on IG!
- Hand Sew *Home* Happy Hour October 19th from 6-9 - come and go as you please!
- 2022 Member Dues - We have some exciting things planned for 2022 so make sure that you are current with your dues so you can stay in the know and on the email list! You can pay dues online here or in person at the meetings. We are excited for 2022 and want to make sure everyone sticks along for the ride! If you are a new member please check out the new member page to fill out your application.
- QuiltCon 2022 - The Quilt show entries are open for just a few more weeks through October 31, 2021.
- Board Elections: Octavia Pitts has put her name in for secretary and we had some interest in the president position. If needed we will hold elections next month, otherwise will announce our final two new 2022 board members then.
- 2022 Speaker Announcement
Papper Sax Sten - Jenny Haynes (Nilsson) @pappersaxsten will be be with us May 14-15 - She will be speaking with the guild at our May meeting and there will be Online Classes offered Saturday & Sunday - more info to come!
- Vet Quilts - the deadline for this is next month at the November meeting! We still need some quilts to hit our goal so read more about those here.
- Charity Committee Summer/ Fall Project - we are making small quilts for the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (CG PICU). Our goal is 60 quilts - please check out the blog post for more information about sizes, color schemes, and deadlines. Make sure to share your finished quilts on social using #stlmqg #stlmqgcards and #stlmqgpicuquilts!
- Two-Color Challenge - to help bump up the creativity with the baby quilts the challenge committee announced that they were going to have members pull two random colors from the color chips pile to use to make your PICU quilt. You can pick colors at the October meeting as well! Lots of ideas and patterns can be found on the blog post. Read more here.
Bring the quilts to the November meeting (distance members can email photos). Two winners will be drawn at the November meeting to receive gift certificates.
Be sure to share your creations on Instagram with #stlmqgpicuchallenge
- December 2021 Holiday Raffle - We will be taking donations for tickets for the December holiday raffle next month. Please note: these donations are not what you might put on the free table; we are looking for retail quality items that most folks in the guild would be excited to take home. And don't feel limited to just quilt related items! Anything you think might be fun including wine, gift cards, or anything else you have hanging around that you would like to pass on.
- 2022 Committee Signups - Signups are now open for next year's committees - our committees are the glue of the guild and keep us involved and exciting. We would love to have you participate! If you're interested check out the link in your member email to signup now.
- Holiday Cards for Nursing Homes
- Fabric Raffle
Thanks to another very generous donation from our sponsor Cotton Cuts we had two excited members win some awesome Bookish by Sharon Holland! As always we are so thankful for a local fabric sponsor - check out Cotton Cuts to see how you can get fabric delivered to your door!