- We started off the meeting with collecting Ticket Raffle donations and as expected...our members were very generous. We definately raised some money for our guild and had fun along the way. This event will certainly be coordinated again in the latter part of 2012 and Rene will give us an update in January of how much we collected.
- Candy and Jamie shared with us a few notions that they couldn't live without as part of our "You Oughta Know" segment.
- The remaining pillow kits were distributed as part of our Fall/Winter Charity Event, and I was thrilled to see that our members already started coming through. We collected 28 completed pillowcases already...putting us 19% towards our goal of 150 by February. WooHoo!!!!
- We've created a separate Charitable Activities tab at the top of our header; which will give you quicker access to the current events we are participating in and what we have done in the past.
- Paper Pieces, a company based in Sycamore Illinois generously donated some Hexagon sample kits for our members to try. Be sure to check out their website where you can find several different shapes and kits.
- We announced that this coming week was SewMamaSew!'s bi-annual Giveaway Day...which due to its popularity has now been extended to an entire week. Make sure you hop over to their blog starting on Monday, December 12th to learn how you can participate in this event.
- Several of our members participated in the extended edition of Show & Tell, where we saw lots of great quilts and completed quilt tops.
Starting in January, our STLMQG meetings will be held at The Heights and our meeting time has changed to 10am-12:30pm...allowing our members to get a jumpstart on their afternoon. Hope to see you all in 2012.