- Our membership numbers ended with approx. 85 members for 2012. We hope to see all of you next year and don't forget, if you didn't pay your dues for 2013, you will have another opportunity in January.
- 20 Members elected to participate in the Madrona Road Challenge. They were each provided with 7 Fat Eighths, prints as seen in the photo below. Challenge rules can be found here, and don't forget about our Madrona Road discussion thread on Flickr too.
- We want to Thank everyone who donated items and bought tickets for our Raffle. It was another big success and the $$ we raised will help us with Speaker/Workshop fees, Retreat Reservation costs, and of course paying for our space at The Heights.
- Drea, our new Charity Committee Chairperson, showed us the QuiltCon blocks that our guild received as part of the MQG's first large-scale charitable project. We will be making a quilt; which will be donated to the Austin Children's Shelter. You can read more about this project here.
- Kacey Cowdrey, member of Missouri Fiber Arts and Thimble & Thread, was our guest. She introduced our members to a few of the projects she is involved in and spoke with a few members following Show & Tell, about their work being included in Thimble & Thread's 2013 Quilt Expo next March.
Thanks to all of our members for another great year, you are what makes this guild great.
We have our sights set high for 2013 as we look at bringing in a national speaker, participating in workshops, offering interactive and educational programs, and as always having lots of fun.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year!