In the meantime, if you want to know more about what was discussed, check out the recap below.
- Mary Claire led our first monthly Fabric Raffle; which was a success. We made $56 for the guild, $20 of which will be used to purchase next month's raffle item. Don't forget your $$ next month...chances are $1/ticket.
- Kelly, our new Secretary, announced a free open-sewing opportunity at the Webster Groves Library next Saturday, January 12th from 9am-4pm. Space is limited, so hop on over to our Flickr page to learn more and to sign-up.
- We can't wait to see what interesting projects you all have taken on in the Madrona Road Challenge. Jackie showed us the quilt that she made today, wasn't it grand?
- Members continued to pay their 2013 dues, which are $30 for the year. Being a due-paying member allows you the opportunity to participate in our Quarterly Sew-In Saturdays, take on guild Challenges, etc, etc. Don't forget if you are a returning member, you must pay by February's meeting.
- Kristy discussed the comments/suggestions what were left in the Comment Box from December and asked members to offer suggestions for future activities.
- Show & Tell brought out some great projects and shook away some of the Winter-Blues.
Here's some of the opportunities you might want to know about.
- The MQG in collaboration with STC Craft/Melanie Falick Books is hosting an Essay contest, due January 25th. The Question is... How has Kaffe (Fassett) influenced you in the past and how will that help you grown as a quilter in the new year? The grand prize is 3 books and a 30piece FQ set. Check out this link to learn more.
- Interested in having your modern quilt hang in a Quilt Show, then consider participating in the brand new "Modern" category opened by HMQS (Home Machine Quilt Show) held in Salt Lake City. Entries are due April 13th and you can of course use a modern quilt that was made a few years back too. Check out this link to learn more.
- Janie Lou Quilts (new shop on Manchester Rd) is having their Grand Opening next Saturday, January 12th. If you haven't visited this new shop, what are you waiting for. Let's continue to support Small Businesses!
- Are you interested in getting to know a little more about your fellow STLMQG member, want to learn some new piecing techniques and play with yummy fabric. Consider being a part of the new quilting bee that is starting up in February. Sign-ups will close soon. Interested? Drop us an email.
Happy New Year!!!