- Kelly, our Secretary, announced that we had 80 due-paying members
- Rene, our Treasurer, provided us with our financial status
- We then started into announcements and misc. quilting news
- It's not too late to participate in the AQS Modern Quilt Challenge, the entry deadline is August 2nd. Click here to read more about this opportunity.
- Do you fancy yourself a Modern Block Designer? Or want to get into the business? Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine is hosting a Designer Block Challenge and it could land you in their magazine. Click her to read more. Entries are due July 31st.
- We announced new rules regarding "Children at meetings". Essentially, nursing moms with babes in arms are always allowed, as are children up to the age of 1 year. Should you find yourself in a situation where you need to bring your children to a meeting, we are collaborating with The Heights to help provide "Tot Care". If this is something that you need info on, please contact us and we'll send the info along to you for future reference.
- Can you believe that it's almost time for Jacquie Gering to visit St. Louis...it seems like it was so far in the distance; but we are only days away now. If you missed the announcement, check out this link. Both events are closed to due-paying members only.
- Our Members' Swap/Challenge Committee discussed the Ohio Star Challenge; which is currently underway. If you missed the announcement at June's meeting, it's not too late to get in on the fun as the quilts are due in September. Check out the Challenge tab at the top of our blog to get all the details.
- We cut the cake and spent some time socializing with one another, preparing for what would be an interesting Icebreaker/Game to follow...let's just say a skein of red yarn was all it took to get the group laughing. Well, that and a few misplaced throws :-)
- We closed out our meeting by looking back at our guild's past accomplishments, enjoying our present and looking towards our future as we joyously affiliate with the MQG in a few weeks time. Keep your eyes here on the blog and in your inboxes, as we'll be sending you info on what affiliation actually means and how it will help our guild continue to be one of the strongest in the nation.
In closing we wanted to Thank all of our members for another great year, and for those new faces
and guests that joined in on our fun...Welcome!
Just as a reminder, if you want to know more about our guild, this blog is our main "billboard";