- Several members who attended QuiltCon shared their experiences with us...what they saw, what they loved, what they bought, etc. If you were inspired by what you heard, and would like more information about upcoming conferences, be sure to visit the QuiltCon 2016 and 2017 pages. It's never too early to book your room.
- Julie from the Charity Committee announced our projects for this year; which can be found on our Charitable Activities page. If you are a dues-paying member be sure to check your email later today for more detailed information.
- Casey from the Swap/Challenge Committee led the "Focal Fabric Swap"; which had us learning a bit about curating a collection of fabric. If you participated, be sure to purchase and bring with you to the April meeting, 4 quilt-shop quality modern fat quarters which are inspired by the focal fabric you borrowed.
- Kristy went over the MQG State of the Union, including global membership levels reached in 2014, new initiatives and improvements. Here are some highlights (as of Feb 2015):
::Globally the MQG has 8161 members, of which 2785 are individual members
::There are 139 guilds spread out across all 50 US states, 32 countries, and 6 continents
- Finally, thanks to all the members who brought Show & Tell. Your work always inspires us.
Here are some quick announcements you might want to check out.
- The MQG announced a Call for Entries a few months back, as the Texas Quilt Museum is hosting a juried exhibition and is looking for modern quilts. All the info you need can be found here.
- Thimble & Thread's Bi-Annual Quilt Show is Saturday/Sunday March 21st-22nd at the Greensfelder Rec Center at Queeny Park. Details can be found here.
- Janie Lou is hosting Carolyn Friedlander for two workshops and a trunk show this September. Details can be found here, and reservations are required.
See you in April !