- Casey collected everyone's blocks for the I-70 swap and it sounds like we have the perfect number of participants. If you took a photo of your block; but haven't uploaded it yet to Instagram, be sure to use the hashtags #i70swap and #stlmqg
- Thank you to Dottie, Casey, Becca and Silvia for giving us a recap of their experiences at QuiltCon 2016; which was held in Pasadena a few weeks ago. One of them mentioned the article that was in the L.A. Times; which we have included a link to here if you would like to read it. Interested in attending the next QuiltCon, it will be in Savannah, GA next year. Visit this link to learn more.
- Another big thank you to Mary Claire, for presenting this month's trunk show. If you are unfamiliar with her work, or would like to see more, be sure to follow her on Instagram (@splendorfalls).
- Finally the day's big event was Quilting Trivia; which made for some entertainment as well as education. It is surprising the random bits of knowledge we all collect and store away for times such as these.
We have uploaded on our guild's Instagram page (@stlmqg) most of the quilts and items shown during this month's Show & Tell, please be sure to check it out.
Here are some upcoming events and or opportunities you might be interested in.
- Bits & Pieces Quilt Guild is hosting their bi-annual Quilt Show at Queeny Park this coming weekend 3/19 - 3/20. Admission is $7 and is good for both days. Please visit their website to learn more...Fanfare of Quilts 2016.
- Have you heard the call for quilts by the Ontario Museum of History & Art. They are holding a show 12/1 - 1/22 in Ontario, California and are looking for quilts to be juried into the show. To learn more about this opportunity, please visit the links below.
Jessica, our guild's Secretary will be sending out two emails Sunday evening to all dues-paying members. Please be sure that you read them and respond where needed, as they will help us to gather information for our June Roadtrip to Nashville, and our upcoming Quarterly Sew-In.
See you in April; but keep the conversation going on Facebook and IG.