Just wanted to let you know about a few things that are going on, in case you want to participate, know about, etc.
- Wendy shared with me this site: Generation Q Magazine. It's a modern/contemporary Quilting eZine. This all started because Quilting Home Magazine is no more after Aug/Sept issue, so let's all rally behind Generation Q Magazine and show them that Modern Quilters need to be counted and are excited that a Magazine is finally noticing us. Thanks Jan for the update.
- We now have a Twitter Account....yay! Check us out @STLMQG and if you have a Twitter account, go follow us. We are a little slow with the tweets as we are still learning, so bear with us.
- Are you looking for more HABITAT fabric? Go check out the Challenge tab along the top header of our blog, it will link you to some shops that carry some. For those due-paying members who weren't at July's meeting and want to play along, I'll be bringing the fabric in August.
- The Modern Quilt Guild has announced Project Modern Challenge #4. This one could be the hardest of them all; but the most fun to make because it is called "Find Your Own Voice". Click here to check out the rules and what it's all about. FYI, Denyse Schmidt is the judge this round and September 30th is the due date.
- If you missed the announcment in June, all of our meetings will now take place at the Kirkwood YMCA, there is a time change as well. We are now meeting at 10:30-1pm. I'll be sending out an email reminder and highlighting this when the August Agenda is created. Thanks to everyone for bearing with us during this transitional period. I met with the Facilities Director earlier in the week and we are good to go. The space is great...here's a sneak peek. Oh, and the parking situation...we got that covered. As some of our members mentioned, there is a church parking lot across the street, and behind/connected to it is a free parking lot too. There should be more then enough parking; but as always, if you can carpool...I would advise it :-)
- Did you hear the news, Shannon from Fabric Nosherie, wants to know what you want her to carry in her modern fabric shop that is opening in Webster Groves later this fall. You can leave a list in her "suggestion box", found in the comment section of her blog post...or you can hop on over to Flickr and leave a list there, as she asked us to pull one together too as a group.
- Did you get caught up in the Denyse Schmidt craziness when it premiered at Jo-Ann's Fabrics a few months back. Well, get ready...because she has another line coming out called Sugar Creek. See a sneakpeek here.
- Summer Sampler Series
- If you are like me, you always want to participate in Quilt Alongs; but you have enough on your plate right now. Regardless I wanted to share with you one that is starting soon, in case you want to save it for later.
I think that's it for now, if you have something you'd like to share with the group, let me know.