- Monica, our VP announced several art-related happenings around town, quilt show calls and more.
- Jessica, our Secretary announced that our membership is now over 100. Welcome to our newest members!
- Casey announced the challenge for this year, created by the Member's Swap/Challenge Committee. It's a fun one that already has our members talking on social media. The announcement and official rules of the Crayon Challenge are posted on our Challenge tab at the top of this blog. If you were not in attendance, you can still participate at an upcoming meeting.
Are you up to the challenge?!? Members in attendance today blindly chose 3 crayon colors and are tasked with making one of the following...a Functional Quilt (Crib or larger), a Small 2D item (Wall Quilt, Table Runner, etc.), or a 3D item (Tote, Garment, etc.). Official rules will be posted to our blog later this week. Those members not in attendance today can still participate by catching up with @caseyyorkdesign at our August guild meeting. . . . . #STLMQG #crayonchallenge #whatisthismadnessisignedupfor #crayola #showusyourmqg
- Our member's reviewed their Quilty/Crafty Resolutions for this year; made some edits, snapped some photos and were on their way to an inspiring second half of 2016.
- The participants of the i70 swap showed off what they made using the blocks from our KCMQG sister-guild. At August's meeting, we hope to have back the items they made from our blocks.
- This month's Member Trunk Show featured the works of Krista Robbins, who shared her quilt journey with us. Please be sure you check her out on Instagram @fourrobbinsdesigns
- We celebrated our 6th anniversary by playing "Find Someone Who..." which got people up and moving, chatting and learning a little something about one another.
Here are some things you might want to know about:
- Are you going to QuiltCon East next February in Savannah, GA? We learned at the meeting that there are several STLMQG members planning to attend. Want to know more, check out the links below for the event itself as well as info the Quilt Show.
- SewMeSTL, our annual retreat, will be here before you know it. It is Saturday and Sunday, October 8th and 9th. The event includes an all day Open Sew area where members can sew until their hearts content, several workshops, a fabric scrap swap and some raffle opportunities. An email with more info has been sent to our members.
- Jessica announced the next Hand-Sew Happy Hour which is taking place on Monday, July 18th at Urban Chestnut in the Grove. Interested in attending, be sure to check your inbox as she sent an email out a few days ago with all the details.