- Marie, our Vice-President, provided lots of quilting/crafting announcements
- Krista, our Treasurer, gave us the updated financial info including a reminder that we recently paid for the Lecture/Workshop and associated fees with Amy Friend's visit last month. She also reminded all of us that the Quilt Show would be taking a large chunk when it was finished.
- Don't forget about our ongoing charitable project; which is to make Little Dresses for Africa and Britches for Boys. All items are due at our September meeting; which is quickly approaching. To read all about it, check out this link which gives you all the info.
- The Quilt Show Committee provided updates on our first show and what to expect when volunteering, attending, etc.
- Dottie announced that our guild would once again be participating in the QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge. She showed the block that our members would be making and advised that more info would be coming soon.
- We held our Quilting Relay Race; which was tons of fun and got people up and out of their seats, cheering on their teammates. Congratulations to the winning table!
- SewMeSTL, our annual in-town quilting retreat will be here in a few short months. If you are a dues-paying member, an email was sent a few weeks back with info on booking your room, and signing up to be a workshop teacher...if that interest you.
- We closed the meeting with Show & Tell...always a winner! Check out our IG page to see many of the items which were shown.
- Kristy announced that this was her final year as President of the STLMQG, and that a special election will take place at the September meeting for this position. An email was sent out to all dues-paying members with this announcement, as well as info on how to put your name into the ring for President, or any of the other Officer positions.
Please be sure to check into social media now and again to see what your fellow members are working on, and definitely check your Inbox as we sent a few important emails about Officers, SewMeSTL, Hand-Sew Happy Hour, etc.