- Gayle, our Treasurer, gave us the updated financial info. Don't forget you can now pay your 2019 dues of $40. Dues are due by Dec. 31 to remain a member in good standing. You can pay via our Paypal link or mail a check to Gayle (see our member roster for her contact info).
- Krista, our Secretary, announced our membership numbers and passed out our MQG and STLMQG membership cards and pins.
- Marie, our VP, announced several pieces of quilting news and happenings (more about these will be sent via email).
- Jessica, our President, covered several items:
- Our second quilt show has been scheduled for July 20-21, 2019! It will be held at the Kirkwood Community Center. More info in the newsletter!
- Sign ups continued for next year’s committees: Charity, Member Swap and Challenge, Quilt Show, Programming, Social (new!), and SewMeSTL. Members are highly encouraged to consider signing up for one. It’s a great way to get involved, meet new people, and have your ideas heard. A link to the sign-up sheet will be sent in the newsletter.
- The Finished Rainbow BOM Challenge will take place in January. Now that we've finished our Rainbow BOM blocks, it's time to make something from them! Finished quilts are due at our January 12th meeting. All finished quilts (any size) will be entered to win one of three $30 gift cards to a fabric store.
- More info about next year's speakers will be coming soon!
- For this month's activity, we enjoyed our annual December ticket raffle. Our wonderful members donated over 150 prizes, which were raffled off to a lot of lucky winners. We hope the winners enjoy their new goodies! Thank you to everyone who donated and bought tickets. This fundraiser helps us to raise funds for lots more fun next year.
- We wrapped up the meeting with another great Show and Tell, including these beauties by Erin Chan and Ann Philiph. Keep an eye on our Instagram page to see lots more pics of the meeting, show and tell, and our members' projects throughout the month.
We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! See you in January!
Post a Comment