- Lynne kicked off our STLMQG Cares "Pillow Bomb" campaign to benefit Siteman Cancer Center. Everything you need to know regarding this charitable event can be found on the STLMQG Cares tab at the upper right of this blog page. We'll be posting pillow-cover tutorials, who to contact for what, monthly events and other ways that you can be involved. Also, once we start receiving pillow forms and pillow covers, we'll add a graphic so you can see our progress.
- We will begin the Riley Blake Challenge in October, and it will be due in December. Stay tuned for more information.
- The other anticipated part of the meeting had to be the Ohio Star Challenge quilts. This journey started back in June and WOW!!!! you all did not disappoint. There was so much creativity that we couldn't resist covering the walls. Below are just a few of the many quilts that were made. We've created a Google Drive PDF, click here and download it to see them in full color. If you made a quilt, please be sure to upload a photo to our Flickr page.
Here's some things going on that you might want to know about:
- Quilt National 2013 - Aronson Gallery on St. Louis Universities' campus
- Round Bobbin Sewing & Quilting Expo - St. Charles
- The Quintessential Quilt 2013 - University City
- Denyse Schmidt Lecture - The National Quilt Museum - Paducah, Kentucky
We need your participation:
- Beginning in October, we are going to feature a 10 Minute Tip at every meeting. We know we have lots of clever members, so find the blue button along the right hand side that says "10 Minute Tip" and you'll be taken to a Google Sign-Up form. This button will remain on our blog, so sign-up whenever you have something you want to share. Thanks Hannah for the suggestion.
- In October we are hosting a Pattern Writing/Magazine Submission Panel Discussion. Yet, we can't do this without you. We need 2 things...Panelists and Questions. Want to be on the Panel? Have a question you want answered? Send us an email.