- Block #1 is a simple plus block.
- We are following this tutorial by Steph Jacobson for a 10" finished block.
- The background fabrics should be low-volume prints. The "plus" fabrics can be any print fabric that reads as a solid. You can use any color you want for the plus sign.
- The blocks are due at our March meeting.
- Block #2 is all about flying geese. Each block will consist of two flying geese units sewn together (so the picture above shows two finished blocks).
- You can assemble your geese following whatever method you choose. You can find a tutorial for the 4-at-a-time no-waste method here and a paper-piecing template here.
- Each flying geese unit should measure 4.5" x 8.5" unfinished, so the block (consisting of two units sewn together) should measure 8.5" square unfinished.
- Please use ONLY quilt-shop quality SOLID fabrics for your blocks this month. Please, no prints. The "geese" part of the block should be a blue, green, or white solid (any shade), and the background should be a gray solid (any shade).
- The blocks are due at our May meeting, with no early collection due to the Shannon Brinkley workshops in April.
- Use hashtags #stlmqg and #stlmqgblocklotto to post pictures of your blocks on social media. We want to see what you're doing!
Future blocks will be assigned in May (due in August) and August (due at SewMeSTL in October). The final block will have a holiday theme. Have fun!