Items made for the challenge should have one of the colors of the year -- either Pantone Ultra Violet OR Kona Tiger Lily -- as their focus.
- You do not have to match the focus color exactly, but it should be in the "spirit" of the color. Get as close as you can.
- You may add in as many other fabrics and colors as you like, as long as Ultra Violet or Tiger Lily remains the focus.
- You may use both modern prints and solids.
- You can submit as many entries as you like in as many categories as you like.
- Entries are due at our November 10th meeting (NOTE: The deadline has been extended to our November meeting so you have more time to participate.)
- There will be three categories: minis, quilts, and just-the-top:
- Minis: Shortest side measures less than 30" (pillows, table runners, place mats, mug rugs, quilted bags, etc. all count as minis)
- Just-the-Top: Unfinished quilt tops, any size from baby to bed (shortest side must be at least 30”)
- Quilts: Finished quilts, any size from baby to bed (shortest side must be at least 30”)
- Each valid entry will receive one raffle ticket. A drawing will be held to choose one random winner in each category.
- The prizes will consist of gift certificates in the following amounts: $15 for minis, $25 for just-the-top, and $35 for quilts.
- In addition, there will also be one viewers' choice prize. All members in attendance at the August meeting will vote on their choice for the best project across all categories. The person with the most votes will win a $25 gift certificate.