The Block Lotto continues to be a hit with guild members and so we are rolling it out again for 2020! (See past Block Lottos from 2018 and 2019) Throughout the year, we will announce three to four blocks and a specific due date. Those who want to participate should make as many of the assigned block as they wish and bring them to the meeting at which they're due. Each finished block is worth one ticket. All of the tickets will be put into a drawing, and the person with the winning ticket wins all of the blocks! Depending on the number of blocks we receive, we may choose to split them among multiple people (for instance, if we have enough blocks to make two throw quilts, they'll be split between two winners). This activity is totally voluntary, and the blocks aren't related. Feel free to join in if and when you choose!
- Block #1 is an Airmail Envelope block. PDF pattern for the single block can be found HERE*.
- Color Schematic:
- The background fabrics should be low-volume prints.
- The envelope fabrics should be shades of red and pink (prints or solids welcome).
- The interior of the envelope can be anything you like. Think of it as the content of a valentine you would like to send to a quilty friend! Fussy cutting is highly encouraged. :)
- Unfinished blocks should measure 8.5”
- The blocks are due in your nearest drop box by July 15th.
- Scrap Bin Geese! We've been excited about this block all year. The tutorial is found here and is excellent.
- Color Schematic
- The middle triangles, or 'geese', can be any color! They can be all the same, they can fade, they can be rainbow - whatever you like.
- We would like to stick with her colors of low volume whites and grays for the sides. Stay with her instructions and you will be just fine.
- Due Date: These blocks are due in your nearest drop box by September 30th.
*Pattern borrowed from https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/search?q=airmail. PLEASE NOTE: We have changed the measurements! If you visit her site for more detailed instructions be sure to refer to our PDF pattern for correct cut measurements.
Block Lotto #2