Thank you to everyone who joined in person or on Zoom last Saturday. It was so good to get together again and we appreciate your patience as the new board figures out their rhythm. This post is full of updates for future activities so strap in for all the good news coming your way!
- Gail (Treasurer) went over the guild's finances. If you are interested to know more, please contact her or see her report on the group Facebook page.
- Our current membership is about 150 members. Due to the meeting cancellation in January, the current roster is still being finalized, but we are excited to see our guild continue to grow. If you're not a member yet, learn how to join HERE.
- Em (Vice President) went over a few local workshops taking place soon. Details below:
- Batty for Batting: Guild member Dottie Vaughn went above and beyond with her in depth presentation on quilt batting. Thank you for sharing your expertise with us Dottie!
- 4x5 Quarterly Bee: Saturday was the last day for our distinct bee from 2021. If you have not heard from your group or made arrangements to deliver your blocks, please contact your group leader to finalize this swap. Thank you Em for organizing a fun event! We can't wait to see all the quilts.
- Hand (Home) Sew Happy Hour is February 15 from 6-9 PM. Bring some handwork, finish that binding, or just get to know a fellow guild member better. Come and go as you please throughout the night. More dates to come!
- Papper, Sax, Sten: Jenny Haynes is our guest speaker in May. There will be NO IN-PERSON meeting that weekend. All of these events will take place via Zoom. Please note the change in time. She will chat with the guild on May 14 from 9:30-10:15 AM CDT. Paid workshops will take place May 14 and 15 from 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM CDT. Sign ups for workshops will begin March 31. Details can be found HERE as they become available.
- Quilt Show 2022: The guild will put on it's first quilt show since 2019! "This Is Modern" will take place July 16-17 at the Kirkwood Community Center. Registration begins March 1. Learn more HERE.
- Block of the Month: Stretch your skills and make a sampler quilt with us! There's prizes to be won for joining in and sharing what you make. Kristen Painter is our January winner! For all the info look HERE.
- February BOM: We're going big again with a 24 inch Flying Geese block. Post to Instagram using #stlmqgbom or email a photo before our next meeting to be entered for a prize. Tutorial can be found HERE.
- Join a committee: The Swap/Challenge and Welcome committees could still use some volunteers. Please email the guild if you would like to help. If you have already signed up you should have received an email. Let us know if you didn't.
- Charity Project Wrap Up: In 2021, our guild distributed 128 PICU quilts between Cardinal Glennon and Children's Hospitals. We also donated 39 XL Twin sized quilts to the Veteran's Community Project. Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen!
- March Meeting Activity: The Programming Committee will present "Love the Unlovable - An Ugly Quilt Show." Bring your ugliest quilt (it doesn't have to be made by you) to this lighthearted event and try to win a ribbon as we collectively appreciate, commiserate, groan, and chuckle at all our efforts throughout the quilting journey.
- March Swap Challenge: In conjunction with the "Ugly" quilt show, the Swap/Challenge Committee invites you to bring a piece fabric you no longer love to trade at our meeting. We'll then turn these into two blocks that will be collected for the Block Lotto later this year. Please carefully read the requirements HERE.
- Fabric Raffle: Thanks to another very generous donation from our sponsor Cotton Cuts we had two excited members win some awesome fabric and goodies!
- Show and Share: We wrapped up the meeting with another great Show and Tell. Pics have been posted to our Instagram and Facebook pages. Join us there to see pictures of quilts that were shared, and to stay up to date on what's to come this year!