Monday, November 1, 2010

November News

I hope your November is starting off on a good note and you are trying to enjoy the Fall weather before Mother Nature decides to kick us into Winter.

I wanted to remind everyone of a couple of things in preparation for November's meeting; which is on November 13th at Bindings, Borders and Squares Quilt Shop in St. Charles.

---During November's meeting, all those who have paid their dues as of that day will be allowed to vote on Guild Leadership for 2011.  This includes positions such as President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.  If you are interested in taking on a leadership role and would like your name added to the ballot, or you have a suggestion for another office I may have forgotten, please send me an email at stlmqg@gmail.com or Flickr Mail me at (Love Old Houses) NO LATER THEN Thursday, November 11th.  

I don't pretend to know everything about running a quilt guild, so there are probably some offices or committees I forget, so if you think our group needs a particular office, please let me know.  I will be posting the names (first name, last initial) I have received when they come in.  Please remember that in order to run for office, you need to have paid your dues before or during the November meeting.  We will not accept write-in candidates during the meeting.  The responsibilities of each office can be found on our By-Laws; which are here.  In the event, we do not have candidates for each office, Leadership may be asked to assist where needed.

---If you plan on participating in the Project: Brown Bag activity which was mentioned during the October meeting, and submitted by Mary Claire please find the rules here.  In order to participate you must be a due-paying member before or during the November meeting.  Participation in these sorts of activities are part of the perks of membership.  It's sure to be alot of fun, so I encourage you to participate. 

Also remember, if you have an idea for a group activity, block swap, etc...please feel free to present it during the November meeting.  While it's not necessary, if you'd like to pitch your idea ahead of time, just let me know and we can talk about it.

I'll be posting the November 13th agenda sometime this week.  As always, remember to wear your nametag and bring an item you'd like to show during Show & Tell.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

No comments: