We hope you were able to join us on Zoom or in person last Saturday. We had lots of laughs with the "ugly" quilt show and our committees got us excited for some of the activities planned for you this year. Take a moment to find out what we're up to!
- Gail (Treasurer) went over the guild's finances. If you are interested to know more, please contact her or see her report on the group Facebook page.
- Octavia (Secretary) covered our current membership which is currently 159 members. If you're not a member yet, learn how to join HERE.
- Em (Vice President) went over a few local workshops taking place soon and encouraged members to share when they hear of something coming up. Em also recommend the many classes Perennial STL offers. Some might even be taught by a guild member. Details below:
- Hand (Home) Sew Happy Hour is March 15 from 6-9 PM. Bring some handwork, finish that binding, or just get to know a fellow guild member better. Come and go as you please throughout the night. The next one is April 19 so mark your calendars!
- Papper, Sax, Sten: Jenny Haynes is our guest speaker in May. There will be NO IN-PERSON meeting that weekend. All of these events will take place via Zoom. Please note the change in time. She will chat with the guild on May 14 from 9:30-10:15 AM CDT. Paid workshops will take place May 14 and 15 from 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM CDT. Sign ups for workshops will begin March 31 at 8PM for members. All members will receive a registration link by email. Details can be found HERE.
- Quilt Show 2022: The guild will put on it's first quilt show since 2019! The quilt show committee has procured several vendors for the show and has just one quilt registered at this time. Jessica Schunke went over many of the details to register so enter those quilts!
- Block of the Month: Stretch your skills and make a sampler quilt with us! There's prizes to be won for joining in and sharing what you make. Kerry Caverly is our February winner! For all the info look HERE. It's not too late to jump in.
- March BOM: Moving right along into March, we are tackling 8 half rectangle triangles and quarter square triangles! Em assured us they are quick to make, so don't sweat the increase in blocks. Post to Instagram using #stlmqgbom or email a photo before our next meeting to be entered for a prize. Tutorial can be found HERE.
- Committee Updates:
- It's never too late to lend a hand. Please email the guild if you would like to help. If you have already signed up you should have received an email. Let us know if you didn't.
- The Sew-Me committee introduced it's large group of volunteers and went over what this event's all about for new members.
- The Quilt Show committee went over the email they sent out March 1 and have asked members to start sharing this image on social media (HINT: Right click the image and select 'Save image as...' if using a desktop or tablet):
- The Swap committee initiated the "ugly" fabric swap and shared samples of the finished block to turn in. See the details HERE.
- The Swap and Challenge and the Programming committee have joined forces for April's meeting activity. They're throwing a mixer where you and another member will trade a fat quarter of fabric that inspires you. Details will be posted HERE.
- The Charity committee shared plans for the first charity the guild will assist this year. More details below.
- The Women's Safe House Project: Our charity committee gave a moving presentation on our newest collaboration. We will be working with the Women's Safe House Project Aftercare Graduates to provide them with a quilt that may be one of their only personal possessions since entering the Safe House. We will collect at the April meeting donations of a minimum 3/4 yards continuous cut of quilting cotton or cotton blend fabric to prepare kits that will be distributed to our members at a later meeting. You are welcome to contribute more according to these parameters. More details will be posted HERE.
- Fabric Raffle: Thanks to another very generous donation from our sponsor Cotton Cuts. Christine Taour and Gail MacCartney won a colorful fat quarter bundle of Alison Glass fabric and goodies!
- Show and Share: We wrapped up the meeting with another great Show and Tell. Pics have been posted to our Instagram and Facebook pages. Join us there to see pictures of quilts that were shared, and to stay up to date on what's to come this year!