We had a busy meeting on Saturday, chock full of information. The committees facilitated handing out quilt kits, quilt show postcards, and fabric swapping. Keep reading to stay up to date on everything we covered.
- Cathy (President) covered the upcoming BOM, in Em's absence, and general meeting reminders.
- Gail (Treasurer) went over the guild's finances and our current membership numbers. If you're not a member yet, learn how to join HERE.
- Octavia (Secretary) went over some Instagram basics for sharing your work with the guild online. We love sharing what you are up to. Some things to keep in mind:
Privacy: Set profile to public if you want to share on guild IG. Membership can still see your work through the hashtags.
- Hashtags: #stlmqg - guild account || #stlmqgbom - BOM blocks || #stlmqgcares - charity projects || #stlmqgswap22 - swap/challenge projects in 2022
- IG Handles: I don't know every member's screen name and won't share your work unless I know you're a member. Just send me a quick note telling me who you are.
- Tagging Others: Use @ symbol to directly notify a user
Content: Keep it modern. Also, consider this bonus material. Stories may not happen everyday or highlight everything you share.
- Member announcements:
- Guild member Heather Dye is looking for pattern testers for her new pattern. Contact info in the member drive if you are interested.
- Sewing volunteer opportunities available at the new community sewing room SewHope STL.
- Sew Me
- Jenn from the Sew Me committee went over what the event is for new members and gave updates on the details of this three day sewing retreat. SewMe updates will be posted HERE.
- If you have demonstration ideas, wish to offer a demonstration, or have donations for the raffle please get in touch with the SewMe committee through the guild email.
- Quilt Show
- The Quilt Show committee began accepting quilts for the show. If you still need to drop yours off the details are HERE. Bags to keep your quilts clean can be purchased for $2/bag. Cash only.
- All members are requested to complete two 2.5 hour volunteer shifts during the show. Sign ups are HERE.
- We also need your help publicizing the show. Right click the images below to download and save them. Then send them to everyone you know. You can also share the Quilt Show events created on the Facebook group. Use these links to find the event July 16 & July 17.
- Between member donations and a committee workday, the Charity committee created over 100 quilt kits to distribute at the meeting. There are still a few left, so if you were not able to attend or would like an additional one, please contact Tess through the guild email.
- New quilt labels and batting pieces were distributed, and instructions given on when and how to properly return the charity quilts. Info can be found HERE.
- The committee has created a comprehensive document in the member drive full of pattern suggestions for those wanting to go a different route then the kit patterns. Quilt parameters are HERE.
- Swap and Challenge
- Guild members who participated in the Inspirational Fabric Swap used part of the break to trade fat quarters.
- The committee went over the Swap Fabric Placement Challenge they have devised using those swap fabrics or something from your stash.
- Challenge blocks are due in November and there may even be some prizes, although this is not a contest.
- Official rules can be found HERE.
- Home Sew Happy Hour: Jump on Zoom June 21 from 6-9pm with your favorite beverage and some tedious sewing that's better with friends. This is a casual event where you can come and go as you please.
- Block of the Month Winners: Macy Sprunger won the prize for April and Gail Luther was our May winner. Have you joined in the Block of the Month sampler quilt party yet? It's been so fun seeing everyone's take on Instagram. For all the info look HERE. It's not too late to jump in.
- June BOM: Speaking of the block of the month, the next tutorial is live on the blog. We're tackling 45 degree angles in a gorgeous Lone Star block. Don't sweat it though. Em takes you through all the steps HERE. Post to Instagram using #stlmqgbom or email a photo before our next meeting to be entered for a prize.
- Fabric Raffle: Who won the Tula treasure you might ask? Thanks to Cotton Cuts we gave away two FQ bundles of Tula Pink's Tiny Beasts to Robyn Passig and Susan Muszynski. Hooray!
- Show and Share: We wrapped up the meeting with another great Show and Tell. Pics are being posted to our Instagram and Facebook pages. Join us there to see pictures of quilts that were shared, and to stay up to date on what's to come this year!